- Amongst two similar cooperative distribution centres A and B for an electronic device manufacturer, distribution centre B had overtime work every month, whilst no overtime work takes place in distribution centre A. The customer requested to determine the reasons.
- Although identifying differences between the two cooperative distribution centres is essential, working hours were not recorded in chronological order. Lacking in sufficient data, it was impossible to determine the reasons.
Visualisation using Logitan
- Visualise the differences between the two distributions centres by checking working hours of staffs per time slot
- It became clear that staff movement amongst customer groups were flexible in cooperative distribution centre A, depending on the amount of work which changes from minute to minute. However such flexible cooperation was not sufficient and staffs spend their waiting time, if any, in organising and tidying up in cooperative distribution centre B.
- To make better use of waiting time, they changed the rule from organising and tidying up to supporting busy groups first in cooperative distribution centre B.
- Reduction in overtime working hours in cooperative distribution centre B
Reducing overtime wages by visualising work items of office workers
Before implementation Background Requested to improve continuous long-hour overtime work of warehouse office workers by client’s headq…Read more
Improved operational efficiency by reviewing staff deployment and operational process after visualisation of working hours
Before implementation Background Requested to improve operational efficiency in a warehouse that handles multiple customers. Bottlenecks It …Read more
Countermeasures for the reduction of overtime working hours by visualisation and comparison of operations in two cooperative distribution centres
Before implementation Background Amongst two similar cooperative distribution centres A and B for an electronic device manufacturer, distrib…Read more
Proposal of variable pricing and realisation of productivity improvement by figuring out working hours per work category and staff
Before implementation Background Proposed variable pricing for the cost of distribution centre and considered profit improvement measures in…Read more
Reducing overtime wages by visualisation of operations of subcontracting company in remote location
Before implementation Background Improvement of continuous long-hour overtime work was requested by customer (medicinal chemicals manufactur…Read more